2002 XLT 5.4L 4x4 - Checking Voltage at Fuse #104

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snoopy2u

Reaction score
Need to check or trace voltage at fuse # 104 to confirm whether voltage is passing thru this fuse. I understand fuse 104 powers the transfer case motor - which I feel may not be getting power. Are there specific procedures for doing this? Or, do I simply pull 104 and meter the socket for voltage? Does the ignition need to be "on" or off? Do I need to run the engine, have it in park, drive or ?? Does the 4x4 selector switch need to be moved?

Does anyone know which wire on the shift motor is the HOT wire? Can I measure voltage at the shift motor?? Does the shift motor harness connection need to be together or can I measure voltage by separating the motor harness? Does the 4x4 selector switch need to be anywhere special??

I suspect my shift motor may not be getting power.

Does anyone have the wire locations for installing a new transfer case shift motor.?? Had a garage install a new shift motor - but - they are telling me they do not understand why the motor is not getting 12v. So, I need to go back over their shift motor wiring installation to confirm that when this shop transferred the two smaller harness wires they placed the wires in the correct position on the new motor's harness connection.

Anyone familiar??