Dealer and Synch 4 update for my 2023…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Bushnell

Reaction score
Im bringing this thread back up to see you else has still not gotten the 4A software update for a 2023. Others started getting it seven months ago and I still have not.

Ive tried all the different “tricks” Ive read to get it to come though with no success. I have taken it to the dealer and they told me they can’t help because my VIN does not show not show an update. I have called Ford Customer service twice to no avail.

I also want to remind for those of you who have not seen my prior posts, our has real glitches on a regular basis. I wont go into them all here, but lets just say it is irritating as heck.

Im looking to see if others are having the same problem.
I was having the same problem, no updates since I bought my 23 last year, my dealer has mobile service and I scheduled a technician to come to my house, as suspected my expo was several patches behind and the tech loaded me up, everything is working like it should, I was having problems with my expo disconnecting from home wifi, so I suspect that was the reason for no updates, that problem is fixed now, expo staying connected when and come and go. I park expo in garage and cell updates won't work due to metal rool and stuccu siding, no cell signals come thru so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that mine will update via wifi now. One thing that wasn't fixed was the mini gauges, I want tranmission temp vs boost, I can change it to tran temp but after key cycle it reverts back to boost, I've called it into Ford, if anybody else is having this problem call Ford Customer Service and complain, ie if one person calls I doubt if they will fix it, but if a 100 people are calling perhaps they will. Hope this helps.

Flathead40

Reaction score
@Robert Bushnell Did they mention what modules they updated to resolve the WiFi disconnect issue? I have the same issue and am curious if resolving this will allow the Sync update to come through.

OP
OP
J

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was having the same problem, no updates since I bought my 23 last year, my dealer has mobile service and I scheduled a technician to come to my house, as suspected my expo was several patches behind and the tech loaded me up, everything is working like it should, I was having problems with my expo disconnecting from home wifi, so I suspect that was the reason for no updates, that problem is fixed now, expo staying connected when and come and go. I park expo in garage and cell updates won't work due to metal rool and stuccu siding, no cell signals come thru so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that mine will update via wifi now. One thing that wasn't fixed was the mini gauges, I want tranmission temp vs boost, I can change it to tran temp but after key cycle it reverts back to boost, I've called it into Ford, if anybody else is having this problem call Ford Customer Service and complain, ie if one person calls I doubt if they will fix it, but if a 100 people are calling perhaps they will. Hope this helps.
Thank you!