New member with new-to-me 2008 Expy EL XLT -- so excited!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeoWebNerd

Reaction score
I've been wanting an Expedition for many years and my day has finally come. I'm so excited to be here!

Picked up a 2008 EL XLT with only 55k miles on it. It was used by some sort of law enforcement in Texas, and you can see where they removed a bunch of their equipment before selling. You can tell it was well cared for, and the Carfax shows a good maintenance history. It doesn't seem like it saw much, if any, hard use. It's like new inside and out.

There are a few things that need to be done, though -- for example, the compass module was in the glove box and I have to figure out how to get it reattached to the rearview mirror. There's a bracket sticking out of the headliner above the mirror and the mirror itself is loose. The center console has a vault in the bottom, but they removed the lock -- interestingly, they left the keys for the lock behind. It's also missing the cover that goes over the jack in the cargo area. There are mounting brackets and wiring are in place in the grille, so I may look into adding some fog lights. I will likely be asking for advice here while I figure all this out!

Anyway, thank you to the folks that run this forum and everyone that makes it such a wonderful resource. I've already learned a lot by lurking. ;-)

20240504_164902.jpg

Last edited: