Replacement Antenna Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brianstl

Reaction score
Here’s my situation, looking for ideas. I have a 2012 XLT and I installed an after market Kenwood radio. I would like to pull in a radio station that I really like to listen to on the FM band. Has anyone replaced the GPS/ Sirius antenna on the roof with an after market short antenna?? Not afraid to drill the hole bigger if need be, but I don’t think I would have to. And if you have, and recommendations? I have searched all over and have found no info on this topic. The Kenwood has decent dbf at 10.2, could be lower. Thanks for the input.

OP
OP
Brianstl

Brianstl

Reaction score
It is, but my reception is not that great. Most after market radios get better reception if the antenna is either on the roof or body because it’s using the body as a plane for reception. I’m going for it. I don’t have satellite radio or gps. I will update to see if it was an improvement.