Curious

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do this as well. I seem to recall that I had to use the keypad to lock though.
In most Fords that I have worked on, hitting 8 and 9 at the same time on the keypad locks all doors.

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the owners manual for my 011 EL, it specifically states to NOT leave fobs in the vehicle under any circumstances, so there's that, but perhaps that's changed in the newer models :D
I would be willing to bet that instruction is only in the interest of security. Entering a locked car is not exactly rocket science. If your car is stolen and the insurance company finds out that the FOB was inside, locked or not; they consider that a assisted theft and may not pay.

EWOregon

Reaction score
2017 LTD - I have left the fob inside by accident. Once it is inside and the doors are locked it takes your secret code to open the door. It works great and remains very secure.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Works fine until (1) someone breaks into the car and finds the key 'cuz you're used to leaving it in there, (2) battery dies -- in a FORD? :) , (3) now what was that code? ...

I'm still wondering what "fob" we're discussing that I don't have with this car.

rslynes

Reaction score
Wrap the fob in aluminum foil. Doesn't allow the 'one-touch entry' feature or starting the vehicle itself.

callwill

Reaction score
The nice feature of that is you have access should you inadvertantly lock your keys in the vehicle. On my old expy this helped my son out more than once!

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
I'm still wondering what "fob" we're discussing that I don't have with this car.
AFAIK, a fob usually describes the thing that has the physical key and the remote combined into a single device, as opposed to having the older version of a metal key as 1 piece and the remote as a separate one...

MY 011 Expy has them, as does my 09 impala, but my 05 Ranger did not, so I'm not sure when they started appearing :)