Sea Foam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevinw2345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been thinking about using Sea foam on my 98 expedition with 211,000 kms and some change. Has anyone used it on their vehicle with this many kms. I have heard good and some bad stuff so want some fellow Expedition owners opinions. Thanks Guys

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not the same thing, but i SeaFoamed a 1994 Ford E150 conversion van with a 302 and 176,000 miles on it. BOY did it give off a smoke screen!!!!!

IAExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Using it how? Fuel system, crank case before an oil change, top end cleaning such as introducing through your brake booster? What is your goal?

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Using it how? Fuel system, crank case before an oil change, top end cleaning such as introducing through your brake booster? What is your goal?

Using the SeaFoam to clean the top end will require you to use it either in the fuel tank at fill up or thru the brake booster or vacuum line feeding the manifold.

Putting the SeaFoam in the oil before the oil change is cleaning the bottom end.

It depends on your reasoning of use to where you put the SeaFoam.

A smoke screen out the tail pipes will only happen when you use it directly into the manifold, ie: brake booster or vacuum line. And that is a good thing, it is doing what it is supposed to do, cleaning deposit build-up in the intake, valves.

SeaFoam is meant to only clean up the carbon build up through the top end, and oil build up deposits in the bottom end when used in the oil.

I usually add a can of SeaFoam every 4 or 5 fill-ups. It does all good and nothing bad. It is a great investment as a regular fuel additive. Only downfall to this method I use is if there is deposits in the fuel system it could clog up injectors or disturb the injector spray pattern. Other than that, it is a safe and clean method to help keep the upper end clean as possible. I virtually swear by the product as I have been using it for years and on all kinds of makes and models.

Last edited:

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I'd suggest a quick search of the forum. We've pretty much covered this subject to death.

OP
OP
kevinw2345

kevinw2345

Full Access Members
Reaction score

i am pretty much just looking to clean it, i know sometimes when i stop the truck starts to shake like the engine wants to stall so i want to give it a good cleaning inside.

OP
OP
kevinw2345

kevinw2345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I virtually swear by the product as I have been using it for years and on all kinds of makes and models.

i know some people swear by it, some people dont. Thats why i asked for opinions i have a year warranty on my truck right now so if the Sea foam reveals any problems it covers all internal parts for the engine. Thanks for the in depth response.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i used it in the gas tank and oil. and i used it threw the vacuum brake booster hose and it didnt really set off a smoke screen. nvy said it put out some, but not much. i should have put in a 2nd can but i didnt have one.

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i am pretty much just looking to clean it, i know sometimes when i stop the truck starts to shake like the engine wants to stall so i want to give it a good cleaning inside.

That sounds kinda like a torque converter not wanting to unlock.... Or is after you come to a stop and within a few seconds after it does this?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze