Problems with Rotor removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vamuso

Reaction score
I'm having issues removing my rear rotors. I have read that F-150's and the original model Expeditions have had issues with the rotors rusting to the hub.

So here are the details. I have a 2003, 2WD, with 38k miles. The rear brakes have never been changed and the vehicle is 3.5 years old. I live in Florida just a few blocks from the water. I have tried some penetrating oil and can't get them to budge. The calipers and caliper bracket is off. The parking brake is also off. I don't think there should be anything else that should be holding them in.

So has anyone else had issues?

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
never messed with the backs on mine yet but when i did change the fronts it took me 3 hours of just beating on it with hammers and spraying pb blaster on it and they finally just come off

JoeExpedition

Reaction score
I had borrowed a friends Snap-On puller. The autoparts stores typically carry only small pullers and they tend to be junky.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by vamuso
I'm having issues removing my rear rotors. I have read that F-150's and the original model Expeditions have had issues with the rotors rusting to the hub.

So here are the details. I have a 2003, 2WD, with 38k miles. The rear brakes have never been changed and the vehicle is 3.5 years old. I live in Florida just a few blocks from the water. I have tried some penetrating oil and can't get them to budge. The calipers and caliper bracket is off. The parking brake is also off. I don't think there should be anything else that should be holding them in.

So has anyone else had issues?

You heard right... The rotors on these things need alot of pounding to get them off. You might want to buy some penetrating oil to help things go alot quicker while you are beating it with a hammer.

Patrick

Reaction score
joeExpedition has the right idea. get a puller big enough and it will pop off alot easier than beating it with a hammer. worked for me. turned out my emergency brakes very bad shape, on both sides

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni