03 expedition oxygen sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtbrodie30

Reaction score
any video available on replacing those two oxygen sensors on the exhaust
manifold on driver side and passenger side. I'll have a so so time with the passenger side replacement, but the driver side oxygen sensor seems a little cramped. Seeing if any of the enthusiasts had a handle on it..

Fanatic1074

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just did this to mine. I have no video but i can tell you what i did.

Passanger side was the hard one. I had to get a different o2 sensor socket. I found a shorter one with a 3/8 ratchet hole and slipped it on with my fingers and then got a 3/8 ratchet on there and was able to break it loose. That low profile o2 socket was key.

The wires on the other hand were a pain. I took a really long flat head screwdriver and compressed the clip then i was able to hold the screw driver with my right and and slide my left up there and pull the wires enough to get it out. Just be patient and dont go crazy and u will get it.

The driver side was 10 times easer. You shouldnt have an issue with it.

FYI - when i bought the replacement sensors they are about 1" longer then stock. So i had to connect the wires before screwing in the sensor on the passanger side. to avoid over twisting the wires, i counter twisted them before hand. It all worked out fine.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01