How do I replace the pcv vavle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I picked up a pcv valve at autozone and was wondering where it is and how to replace it? It came with a black, plastic L-shaped piece.

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i've got a 97 but I think yours is in the same place... Look at the passenger-side valve cover. It's the little tube that comes out of the top of it - pull it out. The PCV valve connects the tube to the valve cover, so you'll see it when you pull the tube out.

mustangswan

Reaction score
Be warned that the PCV valves that are sold at aftermarket parts places are often very general in there applications and will either flow to much or not enough thru it causing oil build up in the intake, or a runablity problem. Ford PCV valves costs a little more but usually work much better. Spend a little now or a lot later, just my 2 cents worth.

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by mustangswan
Be warned that the PCV valves that are sold at aftermarket parts places are often very general in there applications and will either flow to much or not enough thru it causing oil build up in the intake, or a runablity problem. Ford PCV valves costs a little more but usually work much better. Spend a little now or a lot later, just my 2 cents worth.

Thanks for letting me know this. I'll make sure to take back the generic one.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah and on the 03 you may actually have two hot water lines that are attached to the PCV valve. there is a big clip that holds the heating assembly to the valve. Remove this clip after pulling the valve out and it will be evident where to go from there.....
Matt