A/c problems.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 2011 Expedition EL Limited and ac is driving me crazy. It is making hissing noise in front behind dash close to glove box. Noise is louder when idling and goes down as I accelerate. There is also hissing noise in back too when rear ac is on. Noise is only there when ac is on. Also when I switch rear ac from cold to hot it stops blowing in rear wents but front is fine. Seems like my ac is colder when i accelerate then when I idle . Any suggestions? Took it to mechanic and he said looks like my compressor is dying. On 2011 for real :-( and also he said for rear that door is working but we still cant figure out what it now blowing any air when swithced to warm.

mrford60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the AC will blow colder when you are driving than at idle because the compressor is spinning faster and you are blowing air in the condencer. check for a vacuum leak under the dash that might be the hissing sound

OP
OP
D

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you all for reply will take it to my mechanic soon and check for leak under dash.