Changing a tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ced_pearlandtx

Reaction score
I had to change the tire on my 2012 Expi EL, and after starting to jack the truck up it became increasingly difficult and some odd noises coming from the jack made me stop and call roadside assistance. I have changed many tires in my day - and have never questioned the safety of the car jack before.

Has anyone else used the supplied jack on an Expi EL? Was I just paranoid?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think u over reacted...just jack it up in ur garage for the fun of it...ur jack is fine...just make sure u have it in the proper place on the frame

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much. Make sure it's stable and in the proper frame location. Mine will make some noises as, I guess, the suspension unloads.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just make sure its stable ground. i had to change a tire on my grandpas crew cab f-150 on a wet gravel road with a little slope to it. it ended up falling off before i got the last 2 lug nuts off thank god. ended up putting it in 4x4 so the front wheels would help hold it and got it changed..not for the faint of heart!

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same thing happend to me in my 08 the first time around but the tire had to come off it was still sketchy

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jack location is crucial!!!! all the pich weld under the doors on my 95 Camry are bent from some clown jacking it up on them.

OP
OP
C

ced_pearlandtx

Reaction score
The arrows on the frame make jack placment easy. I was on flat ground in a well lit parking lot.

I am buying a bottle jack to keep in the Expi, seems like it will be safer.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use the bottle truck from my truck whenever I am working on my old man's 04 and dont have the floor jack. Just trust a bottle more than a scissor.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That bottle jack is super stable and strong but takes forever to deploy and retract. I used that jack though for everything on my vehicle so far however. It does its job well. Its one of the nicer jacks i have seen in a car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni