Removing Rear Interior Quarter Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am looking to relocate my sirius tuner and amps, does anyone know if there is enough room inside the rear interior trim panels that go alongside the 3rd row? If so, how do you remove them. For those that have amps, where do you put them. The one on the passengers side seat is interfering with the movement of the chair.

1999xlt

Reaction score
If you have rear A/C and a sub forget about it. The rear A/C is on the drivers side and the sub is on the passenger side. I just put my amp on the floor behind the 3rd seat on the passenger side. Some people put them under the second row seats.

OP
OP
B

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by 1999xlt
If you have rear A/C and a sub forget about it. The rear A/C is on the drivers side and the sub is on the passenger side. I just put my amp on the floor behind the 3rd seat on the passenger side. Some people put them under the second row seats.

I don't have the sub, also in the 2003 and up, the 3rd row is flat, I can't put them underneath there. Any other suggestions? Maybe I'll build an amp rack.

1999xlt

Reaction score
Under the 2nd row seat not the 3rd.
If you are not going to be installing a subwoofer than you can put them behind the passenger side panel. Otherwise for such a large vehicle your options are pretty limited. If the amp is of a smaller size you can try under the front seats.

G

I have a 2000 XLT and rear air. The right side of the truck has a lot of room to mount stuff behind the panel. I have 4 amps mounted back there and have a cloth covered plate over where the stock pocket was located. I have 2 box fans mounted to the panel that help flow more air. I even kept my jack storage in the stock location.

Pat

00 XLT

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BikeRider,
I bought a Ford Exby Shop CD off of Ebay for about $15. It has really saved me a few times, and it shows exactly how to remove these panels (mine is for the '98 though), as well as a bunch of other good stuff as well!!!