is this the EGR?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robuilt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
please forgive my ignorance. Is this the EGR? I was doing some maintenance on my wifes truck and noticed this hose connected to this thing was broken off. I cant find the connection point. its a really thin hose. there was also a vacuum hose T connection that was brittle and broke off behind the battery. ive got to hunt that down tomorrow too. damn heat and age is catching up to the poor truck.

thanks in advance.

ExpiPart.jpg

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Not familiar with your model year but egr comes from exhaust manifold up to intake. Its also metal the entire way as it gets rather hot.. Doubt they would wrap it in foam insulation.. That appears to be going into the firewall??

Maybe heater hose with possibly vacuum actuated valve?

Last edited:

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Third guy with the wrong model year... that being said if I were you, stop by a Ford dealership and show them the picture. They can find it on the diagram, tell you what it is, and then you can go find the part elsewhere for cheaper. I do that a lot.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's the vacuum hose to the hot water valve for your climate control. You can buy a new line from the dealer or try and make that one work. You probably noticed your air venting from your defroster instead of the front vents during acceleration too. As the loss of vacuum will let the vent doors wonder.

-Mike

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the vacuum hose to the hot water valve for your climate control. You can buy a new line from the dealer or try and make that one work. You probably noticed your air venting from your defroster instead of the front vents during acceleration too. As the loss of vacuum will let the vent doors wonder.

-Mike

x2.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah you can probably just get some 1/8" vacuum line from any autoparts store and splice or run from the broken piece up to the water valve and call it good ... that short piece that's still on the valve just pulls off.

-Mike