03 no crank...no clicking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jshreve

Reaction score
Just drove it an shut it off for 20 mins...won't crank....everything lights up but no start...no clicks nothing.... help?

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the security light blinking with the key in the run position?

Check for power at the F1.101 fuse and make sure the fuse is good.

Put it in neutral and try and start it. It could be your park/neutral switch. If that doesn't work pull your starter relay and check pin 86 to the negative battery terminal (or any ground) and verify 12v+ to make sure that part of the circuit is good. If that's good you could try swapping a like relay and seeing if it starts. If not check pin 85 to the positive terminal and have someone turn the key to the start position (try to start the car even though it won't because the relay is out) and check for 12v+. If you don't get the 12v+ something is preventing your PCM from closing the internal relay (i.e. a bad PCM or security system isn't cooperating).

OP
OP
J

jshreve

Reaction score
Well I left it sit for about 2 hours an it started right up..haven't had a problem with it since

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm glad it worked but I can only imagine you will be weary of it happening again. Could just be the key or lock cylinder not reading the key right. when it wouldn't start, did the security light flash on the instrument panel? If you have more than one key and this happens again, try the other one.

OP
OP
J

jshreve

Reaction score
Did it again ..security. light does not flash ...I can also hear the relay click on the passenger side fuse panel....any ideas ...I rolled it forward an put it back n park and still no start even in neutral

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets start with the basics. What year is your truck?

In the mean time I remember reading something about this somewhere, let me do some research.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni