Unlock Door Code/ Unlock Remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Titus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I bought my expy at auction, they did not have the door unlock code for it. At the dealership they said in some models under the steering wheel the code is pressed in, I searched all over, did not find anything.

I'm wondering if there's a way to find it without paying ford $200 to search for it in the computer. Also what's interesting is my red armed light flashes all the time on my dash while I drive around.

2nd question: With my keyless entry, it seems "weak". I have to press the button maybe 6 times before the doors become unlocked. 1st thing I did was buy a new battery for it, doesn't seem to work or help. I press unlock, the track lights come on, but nothing unlocks. Any idea?

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there's a way to find it without paying ford $200 to search for it in the computer. Also what's interesting is my red armed light flashes all the time on my dash while I drive around.

per the owners manual, the code is printed on the module itself. which means you have to take it off (from where its located) so you can read it.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the module is on the Expeditions, but F150's are under the dash, and Explorer's are in the C-pillar. It usually is a white module with a sticker that has the 5 digit code on it. Usually no need to remove the module, just need to know where to look. What year is your Expy?

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just found it on my '06. It is a black module under the passenger side dash on the side wall behind the cable connectors. It will have a white sticker on it with the 5 digit code being the larger numbers.

89REATTAJIM

Reaction score
Door Code

On my '00 it's a white box with black numerals. It is located next to the left kick panel as high up under the dash as it can be. It's a 5 digit number, can be read without removing anything. Numbers are appx 3/4 inches high...... Jim

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Beginning in '07, the code is not printed on the vehicle, you must go to the dealer to get it.

u.p.expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Beginning in '07, the code is not printed on the vehicle, you must go to the dealer to get it.

I can confirm this-I had to go to the dealer to get the code for my 07 expy. Less than 2 minutes and I had it.

Their explanation for this made complete sense-all a thief has to do is break a window, look under the dash, enter the code and off goes the alarm.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can confirm this-I had to go to the dealer to get the code for my 07 expy. Less than 2 minutes and I had it.

Their explanation for this made complete sense-all a thief has to do is break a window, look under the dash, enter the code and off goes the alarm.

good info. I might decide to scratch mine off then

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I called the nearest Ford dealer, less than 5mi from my house, to see if they could get the code for me since the dealer that I bought the Expy from is a little over an hour away. I neglected to get the code when going through the paperwork at the date of purchase...kinda pissed me off too since I used the code EVERYDAY with my F150 and knew I would need it with the Expy. So, I called and they said "Bring it in no problem...we'll have it in no time...clean it up for you to for your inconvenience".

The close dealer was going to charge me 1/2 labor to get the code. The tech said it normally takes between 20 and 30 minutes for the entire procedure. I asked why it took so long when another dealer said it would only take a few minutes...they claimed the "faster" dealer must be doing it wrong.

I decided to drive back to the dealer that I purchased the vehicle from and they did it in less than 5 minutes. I declined the cleaning(I clean my own vehicles) and they gave me a free oil change coupon. I do my own oil changes too, but I may take them up on it.

Black05Expy

Reaction score
Just found it on my '06. It is a black module under the passenger side dash on the side wall behind the cable connectors. It will have a white sticker on it with the 5 digit code being the larger numbers.

Im assuming this would be the same spot for an 05? Because I never got my code either when I bought it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni