Headlight adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know how to do it but does anyone have a trick they can share on adjustment? Is there a tool that is easy to use to make this go a little faster/easier? I found a 5/32 socket to fit but no room the ratchet. Found a 5/32 wrench and taped to a long screwdriver but there is not enough throw clock or counterclockwise to adjust the bolt.
Im thinking I have to remover corner lights and grill to get to the adjustment bolts....

firefighter407

Reaction score
There is a special tool it looks like a battery terminal rachet. and the handle is about 12" long. if u google "Ford headlight adjsuting tool". I got mine from Snap on tools, but there are cheaper suppliers out there. I've also herd of guys using needle nose vise grips but it strips the hex head on the adjuster.

jrally

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2 6mmx1.0 nuts jambed together on the threads. You can turn one for CCW and the other for CW.

-Jon