Check suspension light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mic_1011

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My checK suspension light comes on quite frequently, compressor doesn't seem to be overworking, ride height seems normal, any ideas????????????????

gjhanson2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it was constantly on I could help you, but I've never had mine go back and forth. Mine is pretty good at making up its mind about being on or not. You may want to look into Strutmaster replacements. They sponsor this site's suspension section. I just swapped my rear air bags for coils. You'll never have to worry about coils. Oh, but if you do decide to get a conversion, don't get the shocks from them, the shocks they include are crap, better off buying them yourself. If you do want to keep the air bags, they make improved airbags for the Expy. Bring this up in the suspension page.

OP
OP
M

mic_1011

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks for the info, but i really didn't want to spend alot, by the way what does a conversion like that cost? plus i had just re-did the suspension at mavis a few years ago cost me $750 and that was with a discount. changed the front struts with airbags attached (from ford they claimed) $149 each side. changed the front control arms which went to sh/t. the rear shocks and some other minor things, bill came to 750. anyway i wanted to know if anyone else experienced this or is there some small fix, maybe a faulty leak, like i said it only comes on sometimes

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It just depends whats going bad, it could be anything like the suspension computer thats in the dash, the compressor relay (usually found under right side headlight) right height sensor... list keeps going.

OP
OP
M

mic_1011

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no way to really pin point it????????
do they have a obd type tester that can pull a code. i mean why would that light even be there if there isn't any way to tell what's the problem?

Last edited:

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, when the check susp light is on go have the truck scanned for trouble codes. It will narrow down your search.