How do I activate my phone 03 expy eb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have no clue how to set up for the in rig phone see the phone button lmao
OK so I read the service manual and it doesnt even show the nav that my vehicle has it shows a stereo anyone have any ideas ?
Thanks in advance

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm picking up on what you're saying, but on many Ford stereos there is a button with a picture of a phone on it. That button is a mute.

driverjohn2005

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I belive that button on our nav is inoperable. I have looked at the owners manual and they say essentally to ignore the button:confused::mad:

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I always thought the phone icon was there because you press the button to mute the volume when you're on the phone. When I bought my 03 the sales person didn't say anything about connecting to your actual phone so I doubt that it does.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I think it's just to mute the radio, though I never found the purpose since you could do the same by turning it off.

Unless the HU has some sort of line in mute (like the blue wire input for a lot of HUs), but I'd think for that, it'd need some sort of hands-free device with that output.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea, I think it's just to mute the radio, though I never found the purpose since you could do the same by turning it off.

Unless the HU has some sort of line in mute (like the blue wire input for a lot of HUs), but I'd think for that, it'd need some sort of hands-free device with that output.

I think the purpose of the mute button is to pause the music when playing a cd whereas turning it down or off will cause the song to restart.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yours works like that? Mine would keep it's place while when turned off, whereas muting made the CD keep on playing. It essentially was the equivalent of turning the volume to 0. At least that's how I remember it when I had it in.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my parents had it on there nav and thats all it was was a mute button, my mother tried for months to figure it out so she asked the dealer, and he told her. she ripped him apart for not saying anything about it when they bought the nav new, thank god they got rid of it though. that one nav was a bad egg, i was always changing brakes, among the other reacuring problems they had with it