Location and how-to change in-cabin filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year?

Don't think the 03-06 had a cabin filter. Not sure on the other years.

OP
OP
G

ghettoracer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is a 1997 Expy Eddie Bauer.....I'm not sure if its underneath the dash or underneath the rain diverter under the window.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my 97 eb doesnt have one i belive only 99-02 have them and there location in in the cowling you lift the hood and look there it will say cabin air filter 3 minute change

OP
OP
G

ghettoracer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It doesn't look like I have one....I have a 97 EB and I looked behind the glove box and under the cowl and there's nothing but one interesting thing is there is a ugly blackish looking felt material under the dash that could act like a filter for the blower.

tritonman5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my 97 eb doesnt have one i belive only 99-02 have them and there location in in the cowling you lift the hood and look there it will say cabin air filter 3 minute change

not to sound like a retard but what is the cowl??

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The plastic between your hood and your windshield, where your wiper motors rest.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
03-06 dont have one just replace your engine air filter and spray a hit of air fresh on it

DonM

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but my newly-acquired 06 EB definitely has a filter located behind the glove box. Ford dealer wants $40. for the filter. Get it on line for $19.
DonM

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01