power window problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McRiver

Reaction score
i have a 01 EB Expedition 4.6L. The driver side window just stopped working recently (in the up position!!). All the other windows work fine. I can hear a clicking noise in the fuse/relay compartment when the window controller is depressed. I checked the fuse that controls the windows but it is good. i have the haynes repair & owner manuals but they really don't get into the weeds!

does anyone know if there is another fuse for the windows?
is there a relay for the windows? if so which relay is it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

THANKS!!

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds to me like your window motor went out... you can remove the door panle and get to the motor and check the plug for power when you hit the switch. if theres power you need a new motor.... hope this helps

OP
OP
M

McRiver

Reaction score
ok I am 90% sure its not the switch and must be the motor. I tried using a multimeter but i am retarded when it comes to electrical stuff and not sure if i had it on the right setting.... if i replace the motor do i have to replace the regulator as well or can i just pop off the motor and put a new one on???

OP
OP
M

McRiver

Reaction score
oh and yes i have everything dismantled right now!!!!!! but i need this fixed by wednesday!!!! i called an auto electrical shop...talking about 250-300 to fix it!!!!!! but they only take people on wednesdays......everything i have been reading on the internet seems fairly easy, just unsure if i need the whole assembly or just the motor...... and if i have to drill holes in my door (to get the motor off only)

HELP ME!!!!!!

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you need to drill the rivots and remove the regulator and motor from the door then you can remove the motor from the regulator... theres no reason to replace the regulator if its in good shape hope this helps

OP
OP
M

McRiver

Reaction score
is there anything that i need to do to the window before removing this????? is the regulater actually attached to the window or does it just sit on it?? thanks

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the glass is bolted to the regulator with 2 bolts take those out and wedge up so it dont fall when you get the regulator loose