Leaking sunroof, need gasket/seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huklebuk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Title says it all, I cant find a replacement anywhere online, does anyone know a part number or where I can find a new one?

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
is the whole seal leaking or is it just one location? you could just pick up a tube of sealant from autozone to fix the one area if you can...

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Typically the seals are not completely watertight, that's why there are drains inside the channel. Are you sure it's not that the drains are clogged?

Bandit

Reaction score
Check the channels to see if they are cracked, thats what happened to mine after my friend ran over my roof.

OP
OP
H

huklebuk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, I can see daylight through the seal. I disagree that the seal isnt made to be water tight. I can see that the drain tubes are there in case it leaks, but it shouldn't always just let water in. This is a fairly recent problem that I fixed with good ole' duct tape. I would use silicone but I actually use my sunroof which is why its leaking no doubt. However I did find a new seal from parts.com haven't put it in yet. Will post when it goes in.

OP
OP
H

huklebuk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Replaced the seal. It only took about an hour and a half, didn't even have to take the sunroof off, just raised it up. Can't see daylight anymore, looks like a good seal. We will see how it holds up when it rains.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you get any rain yet cuz its rainin here and i need a new seal. that sux you are at lejeune. not sure which is worse! i was stationed there before i came out here. at least there is a little more to see in lejeune! hahah

OP
OP
H

huklebuk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll take lejeune over the stumps any day. No rain yet, but I could see daylight before I put the new seal in, and I can't anymore and it looks like its got a nice tight fit all around and it sounds better when it seats so I'm guessing that fixed it. Will let you know when it rains for sure.