Wheel lug nut torque #'s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey, i have a 2000 xlt 4x2 with aluminum wheels. Does anybody know how much torque the wheels lug nuts needs? I cant find it in my owners manual? I guessing 80-90 ft/lbs?

expo123.jpg

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Never really thought about it. I just snug them down nice and hard with a four way lug wrench. The forward rotation of the wheels helps to keep them tight. Never lost a lug bolt in 35 years, but sometimes they are harder to get off then tighten up.

OP
OP
DR3W

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ya idk, i just got a new torque wrench and wana make it as safe as posible with all the vibration from the tires. Its either 100 or 150 ft-lbs.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ya idk, i just got a new torque wrench and wana make it as safe as posible with all the vibration from the tires. Its either 100 or 150 ft-lbs.

100 Ft-lbs for 12mm wheel studs

150 Ft-lbs for 14mm wheel studs

I have lost a lug nut before when I forgot to tighten it after I set the car on the ground. It was in a car and it started to shake a little worse then a flat tire.

OP
OP
DR3W

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah haha, I saw it in my new Haynes Ford
Expo Manual. That thing comes in handy alot :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze