how to get oil dipstick tube out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strokin393

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I need to get the oil dipstick tube out of my 97 expedition because it has a piece of plastic stuck down in it from the top of the dipstick breaking and fell in and new dipstick won't go. I've tried forcing it to knock it into pan and drain oil to get it out but its stuck in tube.

markanthony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the tube comes out. Two ways come to mind. It could be pressed in and a pair of pliers/vise grips and a good tube. Or there may be a little bolt with a u/y shaped metal holder on the block that holds it in. Other then that. I don't know of a way that holds them in. Like I said. If they come out. they may be welded in.

I would feel around the bottom of the tube and see if you feel a bolt and holder. See if you can see it. The last tube That I dealt with that was pressed in. I had to replace cause I crushed it when removing it. So I replaced it with a nice chrome tube from the local auto part store.

OP
OP
S

strokin393

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It doesn't want to come out. I don't know what to do.