Extra key & keypad code on the door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadowtraker

Reaction score
The information on both the Explorer and Expy keyless code is dead on, just traded to the Expy and am so glad I did. I enjoyed the Explorer, but I am disabled and have Spinal Cord Stimulator, and while I am not as flexible as I was, I still easily located the code behind the E brake along the firewall and programmed my two new FOBS. I wasn't aware of the PATS key and had two normal keys made but they obviously don't work....

Any Change anyone knows why this is a requirement? I suppose it's something like if you lend or someone had access to one key, they cannot dup without having enough access to grab two sets.... but I would think, it should have equally have been abled to be done with just some simple logic like a original and proof of ownership and ID... go figure... I guess I am just using the other side of my brain... (grins) Great Site, I am new on here, but have been involved in setting up many websites with forums and Chats, I am still pleased to find this one (and not having to maintain it, makes me think it must be my B-day or something... LOL KUDOS!

erosello2002

Reaction score
Key Code

Where can i find the key code on the Expedition 2005?

New keys can be programmed using one existing key on 97/98 Trucks. The 99-02 need two existing keys to program a third. The code for the keyless entry is located on a paper tag on the GEM module that is mounted up on the firewall inside way up high behind the brake pedal. I found mine up there no problem. Hope your back is in good shape to get a look up in there!

Pat :)

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On a 2005, it will be under the dash on the passenger side. Outside panel up high.

pmlock1

Reaction score
tbird610 et all,
I just found mine on my 2003 Expy.

I dropped the glovebox out first. Then with a flash flight look up into the back corner and you should see a black box w/a white sticker on it. You should see a fcc id if you look at the small font. The master code is the larger font that is just 5 digits long.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Before you head to the dealer, call some local locksmiths. I know of several in the Boston, MA area that can program new PATS (no football pun intended) keys even if you only have one key.

Once you get a second key programmed, you can buy key blanks on-line and once they are cut, you can program them yourself using the directions in the owners's manual.

Marc