power 3rd row seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The power 3rd row seat is suppose to be a feature, but I'm glad my XLT isn't power. First, the non-power seats go up and especially down a lot faster. Also, the sales person at Ford told me if there's something in the way, it takes 2 minutes for the motor to reset before you can move the seat again. I was just wondering if anybody else looked at having the non-power 3rd row as an advantage instead of a disadvantage?

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2 minute thing may not be an issue. My kids constantly play with the buttons making the seats go up and down with a kid riding on them. We haven't experienced a trip or reset.

I thought about not getting the power seat because it is slow moving. However, it is so convient. We got it anyway and we love that feature. It impresses your neighbors too.

The one thing I turned down that I wish I got was the climate controlled seats. Anybody have this option and is it worth it?

bwp73

Reaction score
I so much don't mind the slowness associated with getting the seats up/down. I am however starting to have a problem getting the larger section up/down. I'm not sure if the problem lies in the switch or the seat itself but sometimes it just won't go up/down.

As for the climate controlled seats......love'em!!

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
CLIMATE CONTROLLED SEATS ROCK!!!!

Love this feature in the Summer! As far as the power controlled seats in the rear... gotta love em. They fold flat at the touch of the button. Wife couldn't be more happier when she gets the grocerys or is taxiing the kids all over town.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have power seats can they be folded manually as well?

G

If the headrest is pulled up any at all or the second row seats reclined past the second notch the third row seats will rub against the 2nd row and will not go down. If you hold the button down for 10 minutes the thermal protect will open.:rolleyes:

Mike
03 2wd EB

djeuch

Reaction score
I've got botht he climate seats and the power-fold third row. I LOVE the climate seats - I'm always hot in the summer, and love the cooled seats. (My wife doesn't like the cooled seats, but loves the heated seats!)

As for the power-fold third row, thankfully that isn't an issue in mine... it is a little slow, and I think it should have a single-touch down feature, but love it that it can be done with just a finger from the back or rear driver's door.

mm7759

Reaction score
I have both, Climate controlled seats and the power fold 3rd row. I actually tried to find an EB without the power fold, but most of them came with it. One of the requirements was the dvd player, so all the ones we were looking for were pretty well equiped. I saw the power fold's as a nice feature, but I also saw it as 2 additional motors that are succeptable to failure. Oh well, so far no issues (but only about 320 miles).

G

I did not get the power fold for several reasons. Two more motors to go bad, I can lower and raise manually quicker than the power fold, my kids love playing with buttons! I have no problem with the manual feature. I guess it is a personal preference.