service engine soon light came on...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what would cause this? how do I diagnose the issue? can they check the code or is it something different since it's not the check engine light? I think it came on about the time I did my exhaust but it went a way for a while.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah you should be able to scan for codes, what did you do to the exhaust?? Did it cause O2 sensor to throw a code?

OP
OP
AaronLG

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haven't checked for codes, that's another issue, fuse for port keeps popping. had the rear cat removed, didn't think there is a O2 on it. maybe that's the issue.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you removed the rear cat that can throw codes. did you put a new front cat on? you can get away with a single cat if the new front cat can handle all the extra pollution. Also there is a rear O2 that if put in the wrong place, distance from the cat it can also throw codes. How do you like the rear cat delete?? I want to do that badly:drool2: but not sure what new cat to get? so I don't throw codes. Magnaflow makes some but unsure which model to get???:shrug:

OP
OP
AaronLG

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gave it more sound for sure. Haven't noticed much of anything else. Would a programer be able to clear it?

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
make sure the rear 02 sensors are plugged in... i am still running the stock front cats with the rears gone and no problems...

but also your front cats could be bad...

with that fuse popping it could be a different porblem all together

Tigster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
any auto parts store will pull the codes for free so you can see what it is first.