99 EB transmission and rear end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASIANREDNECK

Reaction score
I'm new to this site. totally confused about fords setup. I have a 99 Ford Expedition 2WD 5.4 Eddie Beaur edition. Anyone know what type of transmission comes on it? The car has 140k miles.

Planning on a 4k mile road trip towing a 20ft trailer. So I'm going to have to do some serious maintenance . Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

dgna5

Reaction score
With 2WD most likely an E40D,
1st. get a new overflow tank cap at 130K mine failed and entire cooling system failed,it needs correct pressure/venting. replace t-stat, (STAY OEM on T-Stat temp..),and then get the fluids changed, if you have time/$ change diff fluid also, my rear diff failed at 150ishK, a little extraordinary maint. esp. when towing is well worth the X-tra time/$!!!

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the e40d/4r100 comes with the 5.4 the 4r70w came with the 4.6 and since you have the 5.4 most likely you have the 4r100/e40d(same trans just new naming convention used)

OP
OP
A

ASIANREDNECK

Reaction score
ok here is a picture of my suspension. I have springs and air suspension?
398877402.jpg

OP
OP
A

ASIANREDNECK

Reaction score
the e40d/4r100 comes with the 5.4 the 4r70w came with the 4.6 and since you have the 5.4 most likely you have the 4r100/e40d(same trans just new naming convention used)

Does the e40d come with trans cooler?
what type of transmission fluid do you guys recommend ? How many qrts do I need if I drain the torque converter and pan?

Thanks

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like you have regular spring suspension the air ride would have a airbag where the coil spring is. The trans cooler separate from the radiator is only there if you have the hd tow package<-consists of heavy duty radiator, 7-way trailer plug, drop hitch, trans cooler. if you look at the front of your truck there should be two little radiator looking things, if there is only one on the drivers side(power steering cooler) you do not have a secondary trans cooler. tranny fluid should be whats listed in the owners manual usually mercon and i believe it takes upwards of 18 quarts if you drain the TC. hope this helps