Heat works but not blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2004 XLT with manual ac/heat controls. 1, 2, and 3 stopped working on the fan speed dial so I went to Ford and bought a blower motor resistor. Problem solved, heat would blow on all speeds. Now it's been a month and it doesn't blow at all, but you can feel the heat radiating out of the vents. Also I did take the dash apart for a sound system install and I carefully removed the connectors from the back of the 3 heat/ac dials, reinstalled correctly though but thats's about the time it stopped working. Is there a fuse or anything else I should check? Thanks

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the following fuses #33, #11, #14, #5 and #13 These are all associated with the heat/ac for the front. But being your problem started after you removed and reconnected the connectors I would check those connections to make sure no pins got bent or pushed out when you reconnected.

OP
OP
2004XLT

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, I haven't checked the fuses yet but I do have something else to add. Now, whenever the heat is on, there is a ticking noise coming from the engine. Definitely not the clicking blower motor resistor sound, this is coming from under the hood. Anything else I should check?

mnerat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the ticking noise....it's the door blend actuator

mnerat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oops didn't see you said under the hood. Sorry