Hot AC air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anthony57

Reaction score
I bought a 2002 Expedition, Ac blows barley cold air and sometimes hot air from all vents (front and rear). Where do I start troubleshooting. Already checked the low end ac port with gauge and it read freon was full.

B

bedrck46

would be very helpful if you could post the pressure readings from the low and high sides as well as the ambient temp. with the engine running also try to get the discharge temp at one of the dash outlets

B

bedrck46

I bought a 2002 Expedition, Ac blows barley cold air and sometimes hot air from all vents (front and rear). Where do I start troubleshooting. Already checked the low end ac port with gauge and it read freon was full.

was the engine running when you checked the low end port

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will at the least need an a/c gauge set to start a proper diagnosis of the system. Some auto parts stores may rent them or you can get a low end set from Harbor Freight. A/C gauges read psi on the low and high sides - not empty or full.

What did you use that determined the system was "full"?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

anthony57

Reaction score
I used a can of EZ Chill that had a gauge attached to it. Can't remember what the psi was. Also I did not check the high end port. Wasn't sure if that was recommended.

B

bedrck46

kindly answer all the questions it will be a big help

was the engine running

Last edited by a moderator:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you kept the EZ Chill can connect it back to the low side port, start engine and put on max ac. Let us know what the pressure is after a minute or two. We will also need to know what the outside temp is when your doing this.

You should still get a set of gauges for more accurate pressure readings. You can not connect the can to the high side port. That port will run from 235 up to about 425 psi. That tin can would become a bomb if you did connect it.

Why did you add refrigerant to the system? Was it low, just not cooling or was out?

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

stamp if he doesn't provide answers by morning then I would say we should walk away from his problem

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We don't know what shift he works so it is better to give him at least 24 hrs. to respond. Plus he needs time to get the reading in order to continue. Also Florida is F'n hot during the summer, he will be back....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni