No a/c in the 03

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeltonaExp

Reaction score
This 03 is not blowing cold anywhere now. I put gauges on it and got 100psi on the high side and 60 then drops to 28psi on the low side the ambient temp is about 84 degrees f. I felt the lines to and from the front expansion valve and neither are cold. In the rear one of the lines are cold but two lines are hot and one is warm. I am thinking that the rear expansion valve isn't working. but I am not sure what the front on is doing. Also I drained all the coolant out prior to changing the rear expansion valve and it is holding -25psi for over 12 hours so I don't think there is a leak. Is there anything that I should be looking at before I pull out the expansion valves and recharge the system?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm usually running 34-37 on the low side and 150-175 on the high side at idle in the shade at that outside temp.

After you changed the expansion valve, how much 134 did you put in?

Best thing to do is look up the amount of 134 that is needed on an empty system. Pull a vac, recharge and check pressures. That way you won't be chasing your tail.

nonwoven29

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It sounds like there's a restriction in the circuit. If your drawing down 25in. Then you know you don't have a leak.

I can't think of anything you could do other then as you already stated. R&r the EV and recharge. Did you add oil after you evacuated the system?

Are you using a scale to weigh the charge?

DianaB

Reaction score
Well I know it holds 62 ounces on an empty system on 2001 Eddie Bauer edition, I was able to find that.