--Best tires--

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeDirt68

Reaction score
I just bought Nitto Dura Grapplers 285/70/17's

Hope to get them on this weekend!!!
I know they are a little overkill (Load Range E) but I will be towing my 28' Travel trailer so I wanted a good solid side wall tire!!

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i had 365/65/16 open country at and i loved them. now i run 35" nitto terra grappler at on 18's. great tire. seems to do okay in light to moderate mud. not sure how they do in the winter yet.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i really like the Nokian Vativa for a good all year tire they are very quiet and wear well. i got 70k out of both sets i had with regular rotation and balance. they do very good in snow and ice with there micro sipe technology...

dirtrider

Reaction score
I have just slapped a set of the Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Silent Armor ...
These came with a load range E rating...they have a max psi of 85lbs...I only put it to 50 when towing, normal everyday driving is 35lbs.

Cousin Eddie - What are your thoughts on the tires at this point? I am thinking of putting the same on mine. Debating on the standard or E class. I don't do much towing at all yet. I think I may be in about 2 years though and don't use the truck much so I'm considering the E now. I also see on tirerack that people tend to review the E more favorably. I figured I'd just pressure down like you but didn't expect to go all the way down to 35 for daily driving. I figured more like 50.

I'd have been more interested in a D but that doesn't look to be available and the C rating makes no sense from what I can see (see pic).

My goodyear triple treads only got about half the mileage on them that they should have. 30K and I am ready for new tires. The last 5K the traction has been crap. Before that they were great and I was very impressed with the tire besides the wear.

Attachments

• Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor.jpg
    Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

u.p.expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the pirelli scorpion str's on mine and they seem to work pretty well. I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan where we tend to get a lot of snow and slippery roads. I definitely don't have to engage 4wd that much with these tires. Then again, I drive an 07 expy el, so there is a little weight on the tires, too.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i liked those. i was in the desert when they first tested them off road. it was raining and it was a big rain and they did great when it was dry and did great in the mud while it was raining. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTWTDqDPhYw from last year. they look good to. i looked them up in the size i wanted and they dont warrenty above 33". so nope wont get them. good year will warrenty up to 37 i think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni