Muffler Tips, I know..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know a lot of people think these are cheesy or dumb but I can't afford a whole new muffler system.

I was thinking of just buying a DC muffler tip. Wouldn't it look better than my 13 year old ugly stock muffler?

I'm open to any suggestions & all opinions on this.

Attachments

• SDC12589.jpg
    SDC12589.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:

callee11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could do like I did and straight pipe it and put an echo tip on.... just cut the muffler off put a piece of exhaust pipe the same size as the stock pipe where the muffler was... then cut your tailpipe back aways and put a "14 chrome echo tip up..... sounds amazing looks alot better and only cost me about $30 in parts

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no need for an exhaust "system" if you go to a shop with a muffler of your choice then they can build you a system for about $100-200 depending on what you want. but as said before just straight pipe it.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Idk if I would go straight pipe only because it is very loud, thats a fact, I would just get a flowmaster and a 3-4 inch angle cut tip and call it a day

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Straight pipe all the way!! But most shops aren't that bad if you take them one. Even have a sawzall or grinder, you can cut the muffler off and buy pieces to make a new one fit.... and your NYPD sticker looks crooked lol

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could do like I did and straight pipe it and put an echo tip on.... just cut the muffler off put a piece of exhaust pipe the same size as the stock pipe where the muffler was... then cut your tailpipe back aways and put a "14 chrome echo tip up..... sounds amazing looks alot better and only cost me about $30 in parts

I don't have shop tools to cut it. =\

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no need for an exhaust "system" if you go to a shop with a muffler of your choice then they can build you a system for about $100-200 depending on what you want. but as said before just straight pipe it.

I can't spend $200. Have to save up another break down fund. lol...

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Idk if I would go straight pipe only because it is very loud, thats a fact, I would just get a flowmaster and a 3-4 inch angle cut tip and call it a day

Yeah, I don't need anything loud.

I need to hear my subs over my muffler, lol..

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Straight pipe all the way!! But most shops aren't that bad if you take them one. Even have a sawzall or grinder, you can cut the muffler off and buy pieces to make a new one fit.... and your NYPD sticker looks crooked lol

Hey give me some credit, I put it on in the pitch black. I was really excited when I saw it finally in the mailbox, so I just threw it on. I know, it looks horrendous on that spot of the truck, hah..