97 expedition 4x4 turn signal issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blaze 69

Reaction score
i just purchased this rig turn signals didnt work replaced flasher relay worked for 6 miles then nothing hazards work in rear lights but no front lights no dash signals either bulbs are good all fuses are good but number 1 20 amp replaced it still no sigs drove it it blew again im very confused as to what is going on i really need some help please

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if the #1 fuse you are referring to is in the under dash fuse panel it should be a 15 amp fuse.
I would suspect a faulty multifunction switch.

Does the fuse blow when you activate the turn signals or hazards or just at random

Can you read and understand electrical diagrams and do you have a multi-meter. If so send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you some prints etc.

OP
OP
B

blaze 69

Reaction score
thanks for your reply the fuse im reffering to is under hood I do not have a meter but will purchase one not sure when fuse blows ill replace and check going to check the gremlin harness see if wires in column harness are all attached also yes I can read diagram I will let u know what I find all help is appreciated Michigan cops frown on my snazzy hand signals:Rock on:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the number 1 fuse under the hood is for the Trailer tow backup & tail lamps. That should have no effect on your turn signals. What may be causing the fuse to blow may be a short or ground in the trailer connector The trailer connector could be a cause of the turn signals not working. Check the harness to the trailer connector and if you can follower the harness to the connector that is on the frame rail If you can disconnect it at the point do so and try you signals and see it the #1 fuse blows