another keyless entry thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know if it will still drive.... it might be part of the PATS system with the key and chip but then again it might not because if it isnt working why would it affect expy.... hmmmm if you can i would pull it out and ride with someone else to be safe...

grantikal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i am having a similar problem, the old owner had an alarm installed and it looks like the remote entry system and pats key where disabled. i am trying to enable these features back on my 97 xlt...
BTW the pats key i got worked on my ride and i never programed it :rolleyes:
looking for a solution... sorry for taking over your post...
:D

I'm just glad it is in a better spot than the explorers don't have to take anything out other than the box as far as I can tell. The explorers the whole back panel has to come off as well. I'm glad I will have something to do this weekend. Thanks for the help so far Walnuts I will let you know if I have it finished. Will the vehicle still drive with the module removed I think so but not positive and don't want to fry anything.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont think 97 had the pats key... i know my old 97 f150 didnt have pats.... but do you have the key pad? if so do you have power? and have you triied the3 turn key on off 8 or so times to see if locks cycle? need a little more info to try and help you out...

OP
OP

01expedition

Reaction score
got a rap module from a 99 f-150 and it plugs up but still nothing on the keypad and when I had it plugged in the door lock switches wouldn't function does it need to be programmed some way or another or do some rap module work and not others? (like I said the one I got off ebay was from a 99 f-150 4.6 5 speed not sure if maybe that was the problem my expy is 01 5.4 auto.)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luketravis