Battery drain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

badgto

Reaction score
Yes, did wait suggested amount of time. To make sure I did it all correctly I printed page and took it outside with me. The drop was from .251 to .021.

Last edited:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, so fuse 21 is:
Instrument cluster (B+), Interior
(courtesy) lamps, Puddle lamps
(outside mirrors), Tire Pressure
Monitoring System (TPMS)
module

Fuse 1 also is part of the TPMS. Did the ampreage drop when you took that one out? Also, I'm assuming the dimmer for the instrument is all the way down (to shut off the lights)?

clwnsho

Reaction score
Same electrical drain problem

i am havin the exact same problem with my expedition. could you please let me know what solution that you came to and how. have done all the testing and checking. my amp draw is between 0.39 and 0.90a. please comment or suggest

thx
me

raw23062

Reaction score
Having same exact problem here with my 04. All stock with nothing added. Any solution found with this problem? Thanks! I did see a current thread rrelating to this but it was on a 2000 and figured they were probably different enough that I didn't need to be in that one.

clwnsho

Reaction score
Nothing Conclusive

I did spend and entire day checking all grounds and tracing all wires under the truck. i didn't find anything of consequence. i changed the battery and it seems to have solved the problem. apparently a weak battery coupled with the electronics in the truck can cause a drain like this. if you can get access to another battery for a couple of days and try it out. can't say for sure this is the magic solution but its worth a try. also check the connections on the alternator to make sure they are tight. i did read in popular mechanics the other day that a bad diode in the alternator could cause intermittent battery drain so you might want to chase that too.

sorry not more conclusive but might help.

cheers

Strato1803

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Expedition, that has for sometime failed to start due to battery being dead. Today we discovered the parasitic draw that is causing the problem. We found that every 15-20 seconds the amperage draw without key in ignition jumped to over 11 amps then went back to 0.63. After pulling fuses to determine elimination the rear wiper washer was the culprit. The motor or relay must be shot and the rear wiper motor was constantly trying to reset it's self to the starting position.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I think there is a thread on here with a fix for that issue.