door ajar sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

starbuck478

Reaction score
hey i've been having the same problem with my 2003 expy xlt, i just replaced the front driver side door lock acutator (the one i guessed was malfunctioning) yet i'm still getting the same problem :( (door ajar light coming on when all doors are closed) which makes me think it may be another door with the same problem. does anyone know how to identify the door actuator that needs replacing before i replace all of them?

OP
OP
K

krakoosh

Reaction score
hey i've been having the same problem with my 2003 expy xlt, i just replaced the front driver side door lock acutator (the one i guessed was malfunctioning) yet i'm still getting the same problem :( (door ajar light coming on when all doors are closed) which makes me think it may be another door with the same problem. does anyone know how to identify the door actuator that needs replacing before i replace all of them?

Here's what I did. My interior lights were staying on unless I manually shut them off. If you start driving they turn off. Pull over and with the engine still running open each door one at a time to see which one doesn't activate the interior lights. That's your bad one.

starbuck478

Reaction score
thanks ya thats exactly whats been happenin, just figured out it was the liftgate that has been off. hopefully this will finally fix that problem ive just been drivin around at night with no speedo lights for months...not that i really pay attention to how fast im goin anyways :D

walkin' trails

Reaction score
Here's what I did. My interior lights were staying on unless I manually shut them off. If you start driving they turn off. Pull over and with the engine still running open each door one at a time to see which one doesn't activate the interior lights. That's your bad one.

I'm going to try that. My 03 has the same problems and its been driving me crazy. The problem seemed to crop up when its damp or rainy.

declue2

Reaction score
Carb cleaner

I had a similar problem on my '99. My mechanic cleaned the switches with carb cleaner it the worked like new.