Multiple Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trhymers

Reaction score
Just the other day I had multiple issues pop up. heat/cooled seats stopped working(switches do nothing), auto headlights stopped working, power locks fail to automatically lock, the door ajar indicator fails to display when any door or hatch is open. courtesy lights fail to come on when door is unlocked or opened. the radio started working after a year and a half vacation. i took the fuse panel out and tested all fuses and checked for cracked solder joints. im leaning towards the smart junction box, but wasnt sure if that had any affect on the seats. its a 03 eddie bauer expedition. thanks.

B

bedrck46

get yourself a service manual

Ford workshop manual on DVD. Can be obtained from seller "morpheousking" on e-bay. Cost about $15.00 Much better than Clymer, Haynes or Chilton and also includes wiring diagrams

Don't waste your money on a Clymer, Haynes or Chilton Manual.
It is well worth the $15.00 just make sure you get the DVD for your year as the seller has different DVD's for different years

B

bedrck46

Possible loss of power in one of the circuits that go thru the ign switch

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey bedrck46, do the 2nd gens have the GEM? I'd look through "my" diagrams but I'm currently installing flooring in the computer room and it is a mess. If it does it sounds like he may have a GEM issue.

B

bedrck46

No GEM in the second Gen's
I looked at the prints and his issues and many of those issues get power thru the Ign switch

OP
OP
T

trhymers

Reaction score
now the back wiper stopped working. it still sprays fluid. and today with our wonderful minneapolis snow, i switched it into auto 4x4, and it didnt seem to ever want to engage. im thinking the fuse panel with so many unrelated failures. but the newest version is around $280, so i may just wait till it doesnt start at all.

OP
OP
T

trhymers

Reaction score
i swapped out the fuse box, and no change. am thinking its in the PCM. i have spent hours going over the wiring diagrams to find a common tie, but that seems to be the only one now. going to bring it in tomorrow for the $95 diag from ford to see if they can confirm or pinpoint the exact issue.

i got the dvd manual, where on the diags are you seeing feeds from the ignition switch? my eyes got buggy from spending hours looking through them.

Last edited: