No POWER for windows on all doors and vent windows or outside lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeorgeT

Reaction score
Went to town yesterday and everything was fine but when we came home I noticed the windows wouldnt do anything. Made sure the widow lock switch was off and then today I also realized that the outside running board lights dont work or the interior lights. I did the obvious and checked the fuses and even the circuit breaker but still nothing. HELP 2000 Eddie Bauer 5.4 4WD. This is my wifes vehicle so I dont drive it much and also noticed that the drivers side mirror is loose. The painted part has come away from the black plastic.

Thanks all in advance

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. We ask that you update your signature with the vehicle specifics so that we know which gen we are dealing with plus it will be on all of your replies. It is located under User CP at the top left of the page.

Did you check the fuses with a test light, dvm or eyeball? Sounds like a blown fuse.

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

for the power windows check fuse 601 in the battery junction box and also the acc delay relay.

for lights check fuse 15 in the battery junction box fuse 14 in the central junction box and also the interior lamp relay

OP
OP
G

GeorgeT

Reaction score
How do you check the ACC Delay Relay? I replaced the fuses and the circuit breaker that was in the 601 spot. Ive done all the troubleshooting I can think of but still nothing. I know its something within that circuit but Im not sure where to go next. I got the replacement breaker from a Ford dealership just to make sure I had the exact part.

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

how good are you at reading and understanding elect prints

OP
OP
G

GeorgeT

Reaction score
I went ahead and put in a new ACC delay relay and still nothing. Im sure I could figure the prints out . I have a chilton book and thats where I was able to start tracing the circuit

B

bedrck46

these are ford prints for your year

lets do one problem at a time window circuit

also sending you a PM

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bedrck46

remove the right side kick panel and look at the ground connection as there was as recent problem of the ground being rusted