Rear-break, Hazard, and turn signals not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RRANDAL

Reaction score
Hello all,

Vehicle - 2007 Expo limited, EL.

My rear break lights, rear hazards, and rear turn signals are out. Strange thing is my tail lights work at night but no break lights. All front lights work and the third break light up top works just fine. I replaced the multi-function switch /arm on the steering column and no luck. Any thoughts anyone?

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
RRANDAL, I have seen something like this in the past and you are looking at pretty much 1 thing that can be causing this. You need to replace your hazzard switch.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
multi-function switch has the sw in it OP replaced it

OP
OP
R

RRANDAL

Reaction score
Oh ok, yeah I replaced it already and that didn't fix the problem. Would the switch at the break pedal affect the hazard and turn signals?

Big White

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh ok, yeah I replaced it already and that didn't fix the problem. Would the switch at the break pedal affect the hazard and turn signals?

Not the turn signal switch, but the emergency HAZZARD blinkers switch.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
The button that you push to activate the hazzard lights, that is the button I am talking about. I am not sure where it is located on your 2007 truck, but on my 97 it is located on top of the steering column all by itself.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The button that you push to activate the hazzard lights, that is the button I am talking about. I am not sure where it is located on your 2007 truck, but on my 97 it is located on top of the steering column all by itself.
the hazzard sw is in the multi sw its all the same sw

mjelen

Reaction score
Hey I have a question. My 2006 Expedition, the right rear brake and light bulb is not working. I changed the bulb still not working. When I turn the blinker on to the right, I get a fast blink from the instrument cluster. What can I look for? The truck has not been abused or in any accidents. I baby this thing and now the darn light doesn't work. Please Help Me.....

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mjelen, helping you will depend on your skills and tools available. With lighting problems I start with grounds, then check for power at various locations. You can start at the source or at the end of the circuit.

Do you have a test light or dvm?