Replacing Door Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue-NC-Expo

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has replaced the OEM speakers with aftermarket 6x9's. I believe the OEM's are 6x8 and I am trying to see if they can be switched without any modding before I go buy the speakers

:cheers:

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 6 x 9's will not fit unless you modify the opening. I tried some Kappa's that didn't sit in right and caused an obstruction from the door panel being flush.

G

@ big pacheco

was it a big thing to install 6.5" in ur expo?

any picures from the installation?

marc0834

Reaction score
do you have any pics how to take out the side panels for the doors. for an 02 EB expy or how the access the speakers?

Bounce

Reaction score
I would like to know about replacing the door speakers in my '97 also. All 4 doors are completly blown. Are the speakers in my 97 6x8's? and would I need to take the door panel off, or will the grill come off with a little persuasion?

stang99x

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you take that grill off, its &$^&'ed. The door panel (assuming its the same as a 98 Nav) has a few screws and bolts. Then, you have to lift upward on it to remove it. Take the switch assembaly out for easier removal.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-d3b71zQJVwA/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?g=52200&avf=Y

That is the non-mach 460 replacement speakers

If you're not replacing the head unit, the 79 pioneers will be fine. If you want really big sound out of it you may want to ante up to the infinity or alpine. Get a three way for more treble

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni