Seat Warmers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure if this is an electrical question. I have an 01 XLT that does not have seat warmers but has power seats. If I were to get a power seat with the seat warmer option, does anyone know if it is a straight swap? Would the seat warmer be able to work or would more modification be needed?

OP
OP
M

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, if the passengear seatis manual, is there a hookup that is prewired in so if a passenger power seat were purchased it could be put in? Thanks.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
You may have to dig around under the seat and see if you can feel any wire harness under the carpet.

The line to the seat has a 30 amp fuse on it, you may want to look at aftermarket seat warmers and see how much they draw. (just to get an idea) You don't want to blow a fuse every time you move the seat when the heater is on. I guess that a worst case is that you would have to run a new line to each seat.

edit Just looked up these guys http://www.heaterseats.com/ Looks like they make most of the heated seat units for the auto makers. The directions say that each unit draws up to 10 amps. You will have to run new wires to handle that load.

Last edited:

grizfyrfyter

Reaction score
good info, thanks.

a little off topic, tony: how much did that rancho lift cost ya? expy looks good.

Last edited:

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Thanks, I can't take all the credit, I bought it with the lift already done. I probably would have gone with the Fabtech or RCD lift if I was doing it myself. I think the Rancho lift is around $1700 + shocks.