Anyone have chrome mirror caps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am thinking the mirrors need a bit of chromed plastic to accent the door handles and wheels.
How do the plastic covers look that adhere with 3M tape?

I am merely interested in the caps and not the full sized covers.

2k3Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have them on my 2nd gen. I get a lot of positive comments for them, they haven't moved in over 5 years and still shine.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
should work pretty good on the black truck...they have chrome paint now...maybe you can look into that too

OP
OP
EricH

EricH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
should work pretty good on the black truck...they have chrome paint now...maybe you can look into that too
You know that is an idea I hadn't thought of.
I'm sure the current caps pop right out. The mirrors do seem pretty flimsy and should all but fall apart. :rolleyes:

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just my .02 about that chrome paint, it dose not look like chrome, it looks more like a silver, if you want it to have that real chrome mirror look that paint isnt going to do it, I used the duplicolor chrome paint on a couple brackets, it looks nice but its not chrome

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No wonder...you're using can...if you go chrome paint...get it painted...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
oh your talking about going to a painter and using that special paint thats like a 3 stage process from what Ive seen. yea that looks good but i would think thats more expensive then just buying new caps lol

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all depends on what your after/looking for...i'd pay it...

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i like color ones as same as body. i got 2 black ones i want to paint....lol matching paint was $8. didnt do yet....chrome paint is good for rusted bumpers

nacnac

Reaction score
Mine are silver and want black ones to match the windows and blend in. Where can I find black ones? thanks