DiabloSports Intune I1000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just purchased this, a few days ago from Diablo themselves. Well opened it updated it, and proceeded to plug it in to my Expy. Well its not working. I called Diablo tech support, and they are telling me that my NEW tuner has mysteriously been married to another car..

And here is the pissed off part, they will NOT unlock the programmer, even though I bought it NEW from them less than 3 days ago unless I pay another 159.00 bucks. My advice stay away from this company its a joke.

I just lost 250 bucks, I should have went with a Edge programmer :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will they replace it with another if you ship it back? If not, file a dispute with your credit card company. Seems like an easy win.

OP
OP
Exia

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will they replace it with another if you ship it back? If not, file a dispute with your credit card company. Seems like an easy win.

No they wont replace it, its not defective, apparently it has its either a refurbished unit, but its still married to a different vehicle.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No they wont replace it, its not defective, apparently it has its either a refurbished unit, but its still married to a different vehicle.

File a chargeback with your credit card company then for item significantly not as described.

OP
OP
Exia

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well due to the fact I paid by debit, my bank has no way to stop or turn over payment. but I got the thing unlocked..

And what do you know after being sold a married unit. can we take a guess what's next?

It is INCOMPATIBLE with ALL Expy's even after they claimed it would fit 1st gens.. After calling Diablo and literally cussing them out, the guy said Diablo has never supported expy's, than I took a screen shot of their site and it showed that it did in deed support our vehicles..

Funny thing was after that for 2 hours their website went down, now they do not list the expy. what a shaddy arse company

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even though you purchased it with your debit card, it's processed as a credit and thus, you do have some protection. Granted, it's much harder to get these things resolved in the consumer's favor when paid with a debit card, but you have nothing to lose by filing a dispute. If you have a screenshot showing that your model Expedition was a supported model and are now being told that it isn't, submit that to your bank along with your dispute. I'm really not sure why you're so hesitant to do this if you really feel you're in the right. I would have done it day one.

OP
OP
Exia

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not hesitant I have already filed a complaint, but my bank told me there will probably be nothing they can do, payment has been processed and cleared

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd find a new bank if they don't get your money back.

Merchants can have reason code 53 filed against them if the customer claims the product purchased was:

Inadequate for the purpose for which it was sold.
Not what was described. The description here could be the transaction receipt, the product description on the seller’s website, or a verbal description given over the phone.
Delivered defective or otherwise damaged.

https://chargebacks911.com/knowledge-base/visa-chargeback-reason-code-53/

WarrenG

Reaction score
Wow, that is poor Customer Service. Let the whole site know about this POS company.

BT1288

Reaction score
Man, that sucks! I would have steered you towards 5 Star tuning. I'm very happy with their customer service and the tunes are awesome!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01