Expedition rear window rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How can I stop my liftgate window rattle? It has gotten extremely irritating especially on rough roads.

Are you sure it is the window and not something else on the rear hatch? Have you checked to see if the rubber insulator are intact? Could your license plate and/or frame be loose and rattling?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One of my dogs used to jump on my rear window when other dogs would pass by and caused the rear window hinges to loosen considerably over time. If it is indeed the rear window, loosen/remove the interior trim on the rear liftgate near the window. From there you can tighten the hinges. This video is for a Mountaineer, but it's the same design. You don't have to remove the struts; I'm only including the video to give you a point of reference.

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The struts on mine both creak and rattle..not sure if it's the window struts or the tailgate. Spray silicone on the strut and see if there is any change. My liftgate hinges loosen themselves over time as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni