How do I adjust the headlight beams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just the high beams, or is it the whole headlight?

OP
OP
T

Tech

Reaction score
The whole headlight. The beams are way too low on the ground.

I thought I could just throw these headlights in and go. :(

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure how the whole adjusting thing exactly works. I know there is a procedure in the manual, but that never really worked for me. I think it just says to tighten that long vertical screw in the rear of the headlight to bring them up, but that in itself never really did much. I would have to loosen it a little, and manually pull the the headlight (I usually stuck some folded paper between the headlight and the bumper to keep it up) then just tighten the vertical screw and remove the paper. Hopefully it'll stay up. :)

OP
OP
T

Tech

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I will try that and let you know how it works out. The beams are really low so I hope I don't have to move them much. :)

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tech

Reaction score
Anyone know what the small horizontal screw does on the back of a 2003 headlight? I almost want to move it and see what happens, but I don't want to bust anything.

GRIP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the small screw is the adjustment screw there should be 2 of them 1ajust up and down and the other left and right.

OP
OP
T

Tech

Reaction score
Really? So there is light at the end of the tunnel. I think that screw only does the up and down... because there is no screw for left to right. I am getting an oil change this Friday anyways. I think I am just going to have the dealer adjust them and save my self the trouble with all the adjustments and measurements. I am sure they can do it light speed. :)

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There should be an adjuster screw in the back of the assembly, you can tighten or loosen to adjust the headlight. Stock is a gray color.