How do I clean this pesky dirt/how to I fix this steering wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manlavi95

Reaction score
Anyone who drives a Ford with beige interior knows my pain.
IMAG2566_zpsifyy4smr.jpg
IMAG2565_zpsnrbusutw.jpg
IMAG2564_zps0mwbm7fu.jpg
IMAG2563_zps0g47sk3b.jpg

I've tried rubbing alcohol, soap and water... to no avail. I just want my interior to be that brilliant beautiful tan again!

thenaaks

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Scrubbing bubbles and a microfiber towel. The steering wheel may be beyond cleaning, and worn through... mine was

OP
OP
Manlavi95

Manlavi95

Reaction score
Scrubbing bubbles and a microfiber towel. The steering wheel may be beyond cleaning, and worn through... mine was

I'll try it, and yeah, I'm about 95% sure the steering wheel paint has just come off. I'm looking into a swap from an 05 wheel or something.

thenaaks

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Might want to hit it all with a vinyl protectant after the scrubbing bubbles. My steering wheel looks the same. Clean, just worn. I've learned to appreciate the "patina" :)

OP
OP
Manlavi95

Manlavi95

Reaction score
Might want to hit it all with a vinyl protectant after the scrubbing bubbles. My steering wheel looks the same. Clean, just worn. I've learned to appreciate the "patina" :)

You've got quite the way of thinking

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Regarding the dirt on the door panels, I had the same issue in my Mountaineer with a light gray interior. I used the green scrubber side of a sponge with some Nature's Miracle and it came out spotless (on a 15 year old SUV).

Attachments

• 60344-01-00.jpg
    60344-01-00.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 58

ThwopKing

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used a old power toothbrush and some 3m adhesive remover, after only 2 mins of trying on a few spots on the steering wheel a lot of it started coming off. When i get more time i'll do more but i did order a wheelskins cover that im waiting to install.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that looks worn all the way through...prob no saving that...get another wheel from junkyard