low side A/C port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano

Reaction score
I've got a 2005 Expedition. The A/C seems a little weak, wanted to check it and possibly ad some feon. Can't find the low side port. I've looked for a few hours on line to try and get some clues as to where it could be, but nothing specific for the 05 Expedition. I did come across one guy who says there is no low port, Ford did away with it.
If anyone can steer me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
dano

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im not sure about no low side port but it is fully recomended to have it serviced once every year

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is where it is on my 03. This is looking at it from the passenger side fender.

IMGA0035.jpg

Granted, the 05s have the 5.4L 3V motor, so things may be in a slightly different place. Can you see the high side A/C port near the radiator? Follow that into the A/C condenser, then follow the other line back.

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats just opposite of my 97. thats where my high side is and my low side is on the evap dryer

DARKONE

Reaction score
GOIN CRAZY trying to find this low-pressure a/c valve

Ok Im new here and im havin the same problem I have a 2000 XLT 4.6, and the picture that shows is where my hi-pressure port is, ive been told that the low-pressure port somewhere on the a/c canister or something guys please help photos and any suggestions would Help

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the ac port on my 2002 is around the fire wall area. Passenger side. under the battery harness. look for a long silver cylinder. The port faces the engine about 1/4 way down the cylinder. Beware. The picture in the post above would be my high side port. The recharge hose will only fit the low side. So you might be messing with the high side. Don'T do that. Some of the caps on the ports will say high or low. Recharge the low side only. To be on the safe side wear gloves and safety glasses and do the work outside.
R134-a has ammonia in it which is toxic if inhaled in an enclosed area.

Last edited:

!keithnra

Reaction score
the ac port on my 2002 is around the fire wall area. Passenger side. under the battery harness. look for a long silver cylinder. The port faces the engine about 1/4 way down the cylinder. Beware. The picture in the post above would be my high side port. The recharge hose will only fit the low side. So you might be messing with the high side. Don'T do that. Some of the caps on the ports will say high or low. Recharge the low side only. To be on the safe side wear gloves and safety glasses and do the work outside.

Thats where my 01 is at also. I ttok the two screws out of the bracket on the firewall below the starter solenoid and it was on the drier, very hard to find first time.

Volvo

Reaction score

Low side is blue and smaller fitting. High side red and larger fitting. So the coupler should fit only on the side your looking for. The picture above is the low side for my 2006. With the high side higher up and toward the front of the vehicle.

terrym21

Reaction score
Idiotic Design

Thats where my 01 is at also. I ttok the two screws out of the bracket on the firewall below the starter solenoid and it was on the drier, very hard to find first time.
My 2001 4.9L has the low pressure port hidden as well. What kind or moron designed this model? The port is covered up with a metal bracket and a bundle of of electrical harnasses. A 10 minute lob to check the freon, turned into a 45-minute, search, disassembly and reassembly!
992916_606620726026340_1529385315_n.jpg

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01