Plastidip???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntfd206

Reaction score
So I'm new to this stuff. What is it?! Is it just the spray? Will it work to cover those goofy ass stock "chrome" painted wheels on a 2000 expedition EB?

hendricksen11

Reaction score
It's almost like a spray on rubber/plastic coating. It will spray on similar to a spray paint, but the coating once dry will actually peel off if you want. Google it, for the price and reversibility it cannot be beat.
And YES it will cover your wheels, about 1 can per wheel usually

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It has to go on thick or it won't peel off easily. Just read the can to see how many coats.

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WOW... is there different colors? what about the Matte black trimming XLT's have. will it cover that?

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you just want black or white, Home depot has it. I saw a lot of colors of it at pep boys.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they make all types of finishes...I highly suggest looking into haloefx...its better than plastidip...more durable...pliable...and a lot more options

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and it will adhere to any kind of surface?

Pretty much yes. Like anything else, the cleaner the surface the better is adheres. If it is something you might want to remove down the line, clean thoroughly and wax prior. If done correctly if should last a while and peel off when your done. If you are not used to spraying I would practice on trash first.