Backup aid not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WW3053

Reaction score
I first want to say hello, I have been ready the forum for months but this is my first post. I have a 2003 Eddie Bauer with 41,000 miles on it. Since my vehicle was built in 04/2002 I have had most of the problems that have been posted on this forum. My most current problem I cannot find posted. Suddenly the reverse sensors stopped working. When I shift into reverse I get a loud tone and a message in the message center to "Check Backup Aid". I first thought the sensors were dirty but after a wash they still do not work. When I go to the system set up in the message center I no longer have the option to turn the back up aid on or off. Since I am out of warranty does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong. Thanks for any help!

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fuse

This may be a longshot, but if I saw a the message "Check Backup Aid", I'd look to see if a fuse had burned out.

rmr

Reaction score
Another problem may be the backup sensors themselves.

I have had a challenging time trying to find an answer on the Internet, and my Ford dealer cannot even begin to look at the problem for several days....

rmr

Reaction score
I ended up brining mine into Ford -- and it took three days to fix. It was not the fuse. They had to order several new parts:

Control 041826
Module 524277
Sensors 525179

All was under warranty -- including a rent-a-car -- so all it cost me was a little time.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by rmr
I ended up brining mine into Ford -- and it took three days to fix. It was not the fuse. They had to order several new parts:

Control 041826
Module 524277
Sensors 525179

All was under warranty -- including a rent-a-car -- so all it cost me was a little time.

I can't believe ford actually paid for your rental. You must have a nice dealership

dtinnel

Reaction score
Mine is still not working but slightly different problem. My radio quites down when put in reverse and close to some thing just like it should but I hear no tones at all. no matter how close?? I hope this is an easy fix 2004 71000. miles