Help Please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04ExpeditionEB

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having great dificulty locating the Factory amplifier in my 04 EB.
I have pulled the navi and looked under it, I have pulled the open compartment of the center console and looked in there no luck,
I have pulled the trya off the rear covers over the rear wheels, i have found the factory amp for the SUB have not seen any additional aplifiers, i unplugged the amp while on and the speakers stayed on so I know that wasnt it. i pulled the passenger side covers and did not see it there only the rear AC/Heat blower and actuator.

Can someone please tell me where it is???
my audio problems is as follows.
when I turn on the truck, I only get a very low volume in the drivers front speaker and the sub active, If i turn on dual play from the rear entertainment center the front speakers comes alive but still dont have any audio from both passenger side speakers or the drivers rear speaker.

I have also pulled the rear speaker out to swap with another speaker to see if maybe they were blown, does not seem to be the case.

Im really getting upset since I also tried adjusting speakers and nothing. i have even tried the 3,6 buttons on the navi to test speakers and nothing exept the front drivers and sub are functional

Could this also be a symptom of the rear entertainment controls? i did notice that when plugging in headphones i get no audio from that or does this just confirm that the AMP is bad?

Does my EB with navigation even have an amp? I also noticed that the speakers are only 25W 4ohm. Is this just being driven off of the navigation unit itself and I have bad channels in the head?

Is there anyone around the Bristol PA area who can let me test another head unit in it??

Im really struggling here to get audio working as well as the kids are driving me nuts since i can only play the DVD through the front speaker and have to listen to disney movies during trips....

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would expect the amp to be part of the head unit since it low wattage.

I don't see what your complaining about, my wife and I had to listen to My Little Pony, California Raisins, Saturday Night Fever, Dirty Dancing etc. when we went on vacations.....way before there was the entertainment systems of today. Hey, it kept the kids from fighting so it was worth it.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you read all the instructions for the entertainment system in your owners manual

also check to see if this is activated or not

Parental control
To enable or disable your Rear Seat
Entertainment DVD System,
simultaneously press the memory
preset controls 3 and 5 on the radio face.
For further information about the Rear Seat Controls, refer to Rear Seat
Controls section in this chapter.

OP
OP
04ExpeditionEB

04ExpeditionEB

Reaction score
I would expect the amp to be part of the head unit since it low wattage.

I don't see what your complaining about, my wife and I had to listen to My Little Pony, California Raisins, Saturday Night Fever, Dirty Dancing etc. when we went on vacations.....way before there was the entertainment systems of today. Hey, it kept the kids from fighting so it was worth it.

LMAO I wish there was a like button....

Yea well atleast you heard it in stereo! i have mono right now...
Was there a unit produced that was navigation that did not have an amplifier? So far thats what im seeing since i cant locate one anywhere they are saying it supposed to be...

now i have to find a nav unit to test this with or a head unit that will fit my 04 EB..

Anyone out there got something i can test with>

Thanks
Bill

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As I suggested before Get yourself the factory service manual on DVD

It has wiring diagrams, Location views, connector views and much more information. It will save you many hours trying to find something that may not exist

OP
OP
04ExpeditionEB

04ExpeditionEB

Reaction score
i do have the 8 inch sub, but could not see 2 amps. i found the amp for the sub. thats all i found

also could you tell me if i have a premium system? its the nav unit.. i would think premium but nothing on the speaker grills

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the amp is in the rear...driver side on the sub...this isn't ur prob...its in ur head unit...ur system is set up weird for dual zone and u have to undo do it...how...idk...but its in ur settings

OP
OP
04ExpeditionEB

04ExpeditionEB

Reaction score
the amp is in the rear...driver side on the sub...this isn't ur prob...its in ur head unit...ur system is set up weird for dual zone and u have to undo do it...how...idk...but its in ur settings

I was out playing with it, i was able to get some audio from drivers rear, its very low volume almost sounds like a blown speaker but its there.
the passenger side however is totally dead. i do hear a slight pop when the system turns on and off so I am assuming the AMP is bad. but until i dint the darn thing im stumped.

Is it hidden behind the amp enclosure?

its the only place i cant see. the sub amp is on top . is the regular amp behind it? can anyone confirm this?

Ripp

Reaction score
Just for shirts and giggles make sure the button in the center console (second row console)with the speaker pictures isn't pressed